Alice is currently on sabbatical and will be submitting new art to the gallery at a later date.
Alice St. Germain-Gray’s creative expressions merge both art and science to produce delicate and evocative pieces born of fire and glass. Inspired by gemstones and opals, her talents have been nurtured by more than two decades of passion for flame working. Her art glass beads, sculptures and installations reflect an ongoing exploration of color, design, and form. Her art has been featured in numerous publications, and she is a sought after contributor in workshops and conferences with national and international artists. Alice’s experience in master classes in Murano, Italy have influenced her to explore new dimensions in size and complexity. Alice lives in Ellicott City with her husband and their beloved cat.
Exhibits and Awards
• Blue Ribbon for Lampwork necklace-Maryland State Fair Summer ’99
• Resident Artists-Mill River Gallery Winter ’99
• Ancient Mother-Images from the Subconscious-Columbia Arts Center ’00
• HCAC/HCCA-Artist in Residence exhibits ’03,’04,’05,’12,’13,’14,’15,’16
• Member International Society of Glass Beadmakers
• Member and Past President of Mid Atlantic Glass and Fire
• Member Baltimore Bead Society
• Bead & Button February 2006, How-to article, featuring her art glass beads and how to build a wire frame to support them in a necklace, pages 72-75.
• Bead Unique Spring 2010, Gallery section, page 80.
• Beads 2010 July 2010, Editor’s Picks, page 61.
• Creative Beading 2007. The best projects from a year of Bead & Button magazine. Article reprint, pages 76-79.
• Glass Bead Inspirations 2012. One of 8 artists to work through 13 challenges presented by author.
Non-credit Metals class-University of Illinois Fall ’92
Glass workshops with regionally, nationally & internationally known glass artists
• Lucio Bubacco-April ’10
• Holly Cooper-Sept ’11 & July ‘16
• Chad Pitts-March ‘12
• Emilio Santini-April ’14 & April 15