Welcome to the HorseSpirit Arts Gallery Artist Application Page.
HorseSpirit Arts Gallery is honored and proud to represent Maryland Artists who live/work within a 50-mile radius of the Gallery in Historic Savage Mill, Savage, MD. Both established and emerging Artists are welcome to apply to the Gallery.
Representing local Artists allows HorseSpirit Arts Gallery to develop a close relationship with the Artist and the Artist with the Gallery. It also increases the Artist’s ability to deliver work routinely, participate in Gallery shows/events, conduct demonstrations, and teach classes. By doing these things, the Artists can personally connect with fellow Gallery Artists and the Gallery’s wonderful customers who love to meet Artists.
HorseSpirit Arts Gallery will:
• Provide professional Gallery representation and association.
• Pay Artists 60% of art sales and 70% for commissions.
• Insure Artwork.
• Provide high visibility with our customers and the MD/DC/VA art community and beyond via weekly emails, Facebook and Instagram posts, and strategic marketing.
• Provide presence on the Gallery’s website to include:
– Artwork for sale in the Gallery’s online shop.
– Separate Artist page with the Artist’s Statement/Resume and photos of their artwork.
• Create a supportive artistic community.
If accepted as a Gallery Artist, HorseSpirit Arts requires the Artist to sign an Artist agreement. Key points include:
• Commissioning artwork to the Gallery.
• Delivering new, professionally presented, ready-to-hang artwork as frequently as possible/requested.
• Maintaining an accurate and up-to-date spreadsheet inventory of art in the Gallery.
• Granting HorseSpirit Arts Gallery the exclusive right to display and sell the Artist’s work within Howard County and a radius of fifteen (15) miles of Historic Savage Mill, MD. Exceptions include art shows less than three months in duration.
• Participating (as possible) in Gallery activities, such as monthly Art Show Openings, special events and, if desired, conducting demonstrations and teaching art classes/workshops.
• Promoting any Gallery shows in which the Artist is a featured Artist.
• Marketing the Artist’s association with the Gallery on social media, personal website, and any other opportunities that arise.
Selection is based on artistic talent, professional-level quality, current needs of the Gallery, and compatibility with the Gallery’s philosophy and strategic goals. Please review the Gallery website for more information.
An Artist meeting these criteria should submit the following information:
• Contact Information:
– Phone number
– Email address
• Art Medium(s)
• Artist statement/biography/CV/resume
– Exhibited before? Where and when?
– Awards / Press Reviews
• A brief statement summarizing reasons for applying to HorseSpirit Arts Gallery.
• Online Presence (if applicable)
– Website Address
– Social Media (Facebook, etc.)
• Quality photographs of 5-8 pieces of recent original work, sent in .jpg or .pdf format. Individual file size less than 1MB
• Preferred method of contact (phone, email, text)
Email the information to email@example.com. HorseSpirit Arts Gallery receives many applications, so incomplete submissions may be delayed.
HorseSpirit Arts Gallery appreciates the time and effort it takes for an Artist to apply. Artists will receive an email confirming receipt of the application and submissions. Please allow the Gallery four (4) weeks to review the material. The Artist will be notified of HorseSpirit Art’s decision by email or phone. For questions and requests for additional information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.